Ahh the slow cooker, often an essential part of a kitchen for the busy mum or a working adult. It’s one way to get your daily dose of celery, parsnip, or other veggies, and no, it doesn’t have to be a stew or a soup (though those are classics too!). Here are some of our favourite slow cooker celery and/or parsnip recipes out there:
- Whipped Root Vegetable Mash with Herb Beer Butter (x): Wow yum! This unusual dish would hit your side dish needs out of the park. Contains a variety of root veggies, including parsnips, turnips, celery root, and potatoes. Bang them into the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or longer on low.
- Guinness Stew (x): This classic stew includes both celery and parsnips, and is a really indulgent weekend meal that reheats well for weekday lunches.
- Glazed Root Veggies (x): Another great side dish idea, this dish that includes parsnips is super easy. It pretty much just involves mixing some onions, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, some honey, balsamic vinegar, and herbs into a slow cooker for 4-6 hours. Have a glass of wine or two while waiting.
- Butternut Squash and Parsnip Soup (x): Another slow cooker classic, this is a healthy take on your average pumpkin soup.
- Celery and Bacon Soup (x): For a vegan version, use croutons and veggie stock instead. Either way, this is an awesome, easy take on your average celery soup.
Image source: Cooking and Beer (x)